Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My Kindred Spirit, Marianne

Sometimes we just need to be liked.

Take my friend Marianne over at We Band of Mothers for instance. But I don't just like her, I love her. She's hilarious. She's freakishly tall, has a self-described hairy "monkey neck," and can't figure out either Twitter or Pinterest. 

She claims she is a tragedy in the making. Let me add that she's also mucho dramatic!

Despite this, Marianne co-authored the book Epic Mom which will be coming out this December:


Sadly, Marianne is currently suffering flashbacks to junior high and in need of an ego boost.  She tells me her 8th grade badminton "partner" was always the default gym teacher. Nobody wanted to play badminton with the giraffe girl.  

In the spirit of the holidays, please consider throwing the book a Facebook Like.  It may even result in a free book as Marianne is giving out one free copy for every 100 "likes" until she reaches 1,000 (which she estimates to occur in the year 2052).

She thanks you in advance for any act of kindness, compassion, or downright pity.

She's not too proud to welcome a little pity.

Or cake.

Best wishes to Marianne on the launch of her new book!

8 comments:

  1. You are like the super-cool cheerleader/prom queen (I've seen your high school pics here, I don't think this is a stretch) who also has a gooey-center for a heart. You are wonderful, Ali! Thank you so much.

    xoxo Super Nerd with a 'Stache

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marianne sounds hilarious. And any friend of yours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good read. Did the "Like" thingy on FB!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is hilarious. I hope Giraffe gal gets her thousand likes before 2052. I am doing my best to help with that too! Go Marianne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my mom. Just kidding, Lillian. But you seriously are the next best thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the place! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete