Wednesday, September 12, 2012

WTF Wednesday - The "Pinterest is Not For Spam" Edition

Hey Pinterest users. Me again. Have you seen the pin for Best Jobs in America? Of course you have! Spammers have been posting the heck out of it for over a week.

This week my Pinterest (and loads of other people's too) was hacked by spammers actually creating boards on our accounts and pinning the same pin over and over about the best jobs in America. My friend Erin mentioned it to me because she knew I'd never use Pinterest for something as lame as helping other people find a job. As if!

The offending pins look like this over on the right.

Spammers: Please leave me alone and let us keep our Pinterest boards pure with 54 DIY projects of things we can do with old dressers, how to clean jewelry and crockpot recipes our kids will never eat. 

So to voice my disapproval, I made this. So maybe I could pin it.




WTF Spammers? Stop please.

So everyone go check your Pinterest. If there's a board there that you didn't create, delete it. 

15 comments:

  1. I did see that a million times and wondered why everyone was so into that particular infographic. Duh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about this. I can't wait to pin your picture!

      Delete
  2. I didn't get hacked. Guess I'm not cool enough...or maybe I am. I dunno. Either way...BITE ME SPAMMERS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't this happen to you a few months ago? Are you just a spam magnet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What. The. Chuck.

    Totally agree w you by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I have been so annoyed by them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please don't make me do Pinterest, too. Twitter is already killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you stop it? I delete it and it keeps coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perhaps these spammers should follow their advice and get a job

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pinned it! Thanks! Any idea how to stop it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This pin keeps reappearing on my Pinterest! Sometimes it reappears twice after I delete it! How do I stop it????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too. i saw it today for the third time! I'm going to try changing my password and hope that is all it was

      Delete
  11. If anyone has been hacked you can stop it by changing your password, and keep changing it frequently. There is nothing more annoying than spam, and this one is particularily annoying especially since 2 of my pinterest pals have been pinning this useless info constantly. I hope it stops soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They also deleted one of my boards! Grr

    ReplyDelete