Tuesday, August 14, 2012

It's a Flying Rip Off, That's What It Is.

Do you know what this item is?



STOP!!!!! Do not say "a Frisbee." I'll save you the time, it's not a Frisbee. JakeRyan guessed that too.

It is, in fact, a Captain America flying shield. A FLYING SHIELD! Not a Frisbee, which is why Toys R Us can get away with charging $10 for it. I repeat: not a Frisbee.

Yes, it's shaped like a Frisbee, it's about the size of a Frisbee, has a handy little lip-thing that you can hold on to like a Frisbee, but it also has a piece of elastic on the back so your kid can stick his arm through it. Therefore it is a Flying Shield. Elastic = Shield. 

So for those you nerds that are doing the math in their heads, manufacturingly speaking (yes, I made up a word) that's about $1 for the Frisbee shield part, and $9 for the elastic.

My favorite part is the area of the packaging that says "The Shield Really Flies!"

OF COURSE IT REALLY FLIES! IT'S A $10 EFFING FRISBEE IT BETTER FLY!




15 comments:

  1. So, I'm assuming you didn't buy the $10 frisbee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again....funniest person I know! Can we borrow the "shield"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I have some 'shields' laying around in the garage... I'm gonna give them a fresh coat of paint and try to sell them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, how many "Shields" do you now own? And, the big question: Does it really fly?!?!? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. so I could paint a paper plate, slap a hair band on it and sell it for $10?

    on it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. $10 for a flying shield?! Sounds like a bargain to me. I spend $15 on a Flippy Flopper for my dog. So might call it a frisbee but NO! It's FLIPPY FLOPPER!! And totally worth $15. Probably.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my God, I feel had. We have two of those Frisbee shields. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WTH... do they now think that we'll figure it out?!?! Geesh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha ha. You are too funny. Did you buy said shield?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Toys R Us are going to sign you up any day now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's amazing how they find ways to charge us extra. I found a $10 sippy cup online just because it had Thomas the Tank Engine on it. I bet you could make your own flying shield for less than $2.

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's not us they are duping (at least that's what i tell myself). it's the CHILDREN. (which makes it so much more acceptable and wholesome. i guess?)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was really hoping it was going to do something great.
    Super Great.

    ReplyDelete