Sunday, August 26, 2012

Isaac Isn't Just the Bartender on the Love Boat

We're South Floridians, practically natives, so tropical storms and hurricanes aren't anything new to us.

Today, we experienced nothing more than some nasty feeder bands from Tropical Storm Isaac, the tricky little bugger that hopefully will only go down in history for cutting the Republican National Convention in Tampa short. Fingers crossed that it miraculously weakens...

Shortly after I helped JakeRyan take the canopy off our brand new gazebo, I let the Suitcase Kids come out and party in a really fun puddle that had accumulated on the back patio since it the rain was taking a break and there was no thunder. Notice there is a pool in the background? Gallons and gallons of water don't hold a match to a couple of dirty inches of the stuff hanging out where it isn't supposed to be.


And there I stood under the patio roof, snapping away while screaming at them to not splash too close to me or they'd get water on my lens. I even multitasked by having a conversation with a co-worker regarding our trip tomorrow to work the convention in Tampa. Yes, I'm working it. 


You know what else is totally underrated (in addition to the pool)? Clean water from inside the house. I wish I could say that the water Justin is spewing in the next photo was a result of him standing there with his mouth open to the sky for 10 minutes collection the drizzle. On the contrary. Why work hard when you can get down on your hands and knees and slurp up water than your siblings and your DOG have been playing in?


It wasn't just Justin, the others did it too as you can see in the photo below. Yum! I told them to stop at least a dozen times before I figured if I can't beat 'em I might as well photograph it for future blackmail. In fact, I didn't get them to stop until I pointed out how close the puddle was to a big pile of Brucie's poop and said that the rain was washing poop into the water that they were drinking. A little poop fear goes a long way.



To all my friends up in the gulf states and on Florida's west coast and the panhandle - STAY SAFE!

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you are making the best of it. Stay safe! (And darling pics!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stinkin' cute! I love that you had to scare them with poop. I'm not sure even that would stop my kids!

    And while I know hurricanes are very serious (we live only 3 houses from the bay and do the "board up drill" annually) we really, really, really need rain. If I could just get a band or two way over here in Texas I'd be ecstatic. Of course, I hope everyone stays safe and it is only rain!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Years ago, our basement flooded and Hayden would play down their in the water and yes... drink it up off the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pool behind them and they are playing in a puddle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pics are a lot more fun than the ones I took. Also there was a bit of splashing in puddles going on here too!!! We just had a another nice feeder band come through... the strongest yet! have a safe trip to Tampa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who wants to play in a pool when you have poopy puddle water?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be taking pictures, too. Kids are so gross sometimes (most of the time). Great job multi-tasking! (Just so you know, my husband doesn't believe multi-tasking is actually possible. I think that's because he's a man.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. When my kids do something similar to slurping foulish water from the ground I channel George Carlin—kids today don't get enough germs. Let'em slurp ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw a picture of Lake Worth on TWC/Facebook and it was totally flooded. You guys have had some serious rain from those feeder bands! Glad you had some fun with it. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg... thank you!!!, love your cousin mimi

    ReplyDelete