Monday, August 27, 2012

Alright Isaac, Time to Ship Out - We've Had Enough

Hey. Me again. Yes, writing about this stinking storm again. My gosh, it's been hanging out way longer than we've ever seen for a tropical storm. Every time the phone rings I think it's going to be God calling to tell me to gather up two of every animal which totally sucks because I only have two male dogs and a geriatric fish. Who am I kidding? God would never call on me for anything. Very unreliable. 

We've had torrential rain on and off for two days. Like ON for 59 minutes, off for one. School will be canceled again tomorrow and I'll be boarding my once-canceled flight to Tampa for a second try (which as of right now is still a go!).

Why is school canceled, you might ask? Flooding. No real damage, just floods that are impassable for people who don't drive monster trucks. I'm not keen on attempting it in the morning in the minivan, but I'll do anything out of loyalty to my company (threw that in there because I know some of my colleagues read my blog. Somebody put in a good word for me.) Really, I'm excited to see my co-workers!

You know the rest: Cooped up kids, husband with terrible judgement, stupid inflatable boat from Aunt Lisa, dog who will do anything as long as the kids are there, me grasping for anything to blog about, yadda, yadda.







What? You thought I'd leave Mike out of the fun? Never!

And again, friends up in Louisiana, I hope Isaac weakens. STAY SAFE!

10 comments:

  1. Love these!! Sorry it is so flooded! love Mike!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad y'all are safe and making the best out of a wet situation! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that Mike wasn't left out of the fun! At least Isaac is giving you lots of blog fodder...it could be worse. Have fun in Tampa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup. That about sums it up. I had to change my kids three times yesterday. Should have just let them splash around in their bathing suits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope this storm goes ahead and gets the heck out of dodge for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I mean, it could be worse - you could live in the "landmass" formerly known as Mississippi.

    Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PLEASE send Issac to Illinois! We need the rain...well, the whole midwest needs it. Glad the kids are having a blast & you are making the best of the situation! Of course, Mike always makes everything better. Travel safe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry that you guys were underwater but I have to say, if I had a tropical storm blowing through, I would definitely want to live on your street. That is where the party is!!! (Nat looks so darn cute swimming in the road!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're safe. Hope you have a good flight.
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scrolling...scrolling...scrolling...(geez this flood looks like fun)...scrolling...AND THEN...

    I pee myself over Mike. Full out loss of bladder control. Totally didn't see that coming.

    Well done & good luck with the big dry-out (from the flood, not from my...er...accident).

    ReplyDelete