Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Throw Your Kids in the Air...

I'm trying a new thing on my blog. It's called "Posting Absolute Crap and Seeing How Many People Continue to Visit." So if you're here, THANK YOU.

Sadly, as ballsy as this little blog is, it hasn't been able to beat out JakeRyan's bronchitis (rendering me a single mom for a week), a business trip (yes, I'm still milking that one) and most importantly a visit from out-of-town relatives.

Last weekend, my brother, sister-in-law and niece visited from Chicago for the baby's baptism. JakeRyan, the World's Worst Catholic was the godfather. But not the real godfather since he doesn't actually go to church. He was the stand-in. A witness?

So I'll spare you baptism pictures and shower you with fun action shots from Sunday in the pool with Uncle Jeff & PopPop. We got through an afternoon with nobody slamming their head on the side of the pool! Not necessarily a huge accomplishment, but something that will happen one of these days.

From now on (translation: today) pictures of kids aren't cool unless they are being hurtled in the air.






And can't leave out a cute picture of the baby:


18 comments:

  1. I'll totally keep coming back for this stuff. Makes the world seem normal. We've got a bronchial infection here too (antibiotics, albuterol, prednisone). Total recipe for a maniacal 4 year old. The baby is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the action shots! Looks like the kids are having a fun summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, that first sentence cracked me up!
    Cute photos and yes, much more interesting when being thrown in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Love the jumping. People look so funny when they jump.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of my favorite shots... Kids being thrown around in the pool. :)That baby is adorable. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some great shots!! And that baby chub is to DIE FOR!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like fun.
    Our pool just got a hole in the liner and emptied itself while we we at work.
    Are you accepting more out of town guests?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That baby just made my ovaries cry. Too cute. Those are some great action shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some awesome jumping shots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Great pics! And I love the pool! I really need one of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They loved seeing pictures of themselves flying. That's my dad's pool. We have one too, but it's no way near as nice. And there's usually a very large dog in it.

      Delete
  11. I'm here! And I'm jealous you have a pool. I need to move to Florida just so I can have my own pool. They seems as commonplace as refrigerators to you people.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They must love their uncle! I so wish I had a freakin pool or one of our parents did!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is how you define crap? Those are totally awesome pictures and that baby with her little chubby cheeks is A-DOR-ABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll take all of your crap over most people's caviar any day! Looks like every one had a great time in the pool. My husband tends to throw our girls around like rag dolls in the pool too. I am waiting for that head into the side of the pool right along with you. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Finally, someone is posting crap on their blog!!! I've been waiting for my blog to have a crappy blog niche. Although, I have to say, those pics of the kids are way too adorable to be crap. Nice effort, but try again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I need to kick the crap up a notch? That shouldn't be a problem.

      Delete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete