Thursday, May 3, 2012

It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Sticks Their Butt in Your Face

"Do you want to DO something?" my husband JakeRyan called up to me. And since it was 8:00, all the kids were awake and it wasn't his birthday, I know that "do something" is not the same as "do it."

I actually was already doing something, watching the previous night's Glee on DVR (not the best ever I might add). Not to mention that I'd already fed the kids, they'd gone swimming and they were bathed and ready for bed. I think that would qualify as "doing" something. 

I halfheartedly agreed to "do" something else and by the time I walked downstairs when my show was over I saw the boys playing Twister. 

Here's where I'd like to point out that we didn't, until last night, OWN Twister. In the time that I was watching my show JakeRyan had gone to Target and purchased it. Yes, he got in the car just to buy it. This was weird. 


And here's how it went:

  • There was crying - Natalie was mad I made her turn off Halloweentown for the 92nd time to spend quality time with her family.
  • There was inappropriateness- I challenged JakeRyan to a game and he insisted on using the colors right by mine. This was merely annoying until he deliberately stuck his ass in my face.
  • There was praying - This was me while his ass was in my face. Danger! 
  • There was laughing - This was me again when I remembered that my husband thinks underwear is optional at home. 
  • There was dog hair everywhere - There's nothing like a good game of Twister, requiring your face to be several inches from the tile to get a good understanding of how critical this problem is. 
  • There was more crying - Justin wanted to be the spinner, but doesn't know his right from left...and can't read. I took it from him (to spare the players any more physical agony) and he freaked out. 
  • There was screaming - "Hurry up! My left hand is already on blue. This HURTS!"
  • And today, there is soreness and no photographic evidence that I was even involved in this. 











14 comments:

  1. This is why I ALWAYS volunteer to take the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I think a family game of Twister in our house might be terrible. Especially because I'm not as flexible as I was in my younger days. And my kids would start fighting. But I think it's great that JakeRyan went for this idea.

    I need to catch up on the last couple episodes of Glee - even if they're not that great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. That does NOT sound like fun. My hubs would be grabbing my ass while the kids climbed all over us and fell down and hit their heads. There would be crying, for sure. Mostly me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like forced family fun as we like to call it. And my favorite is your little dog sitting on a pillow on the couch looking completed annoyed by (or possibly scared of) you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No way I'm ever telling my kid Twister is a game. Although those pics are funny...and once, growing up, we were recording (with a tape player, oh yeah, old) ourselves playing twister in the back room of my grandparents' house when we were kids, and my sister farted really loudly and so of course we all died laughing. But then we used the tape of the fart to play hot potato. With a grapefruit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun. I have never played Twister and my kids have never asked for it. I can only imagine what it would be like... NO thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I laughed along with your play by play of the evening. I know what it's like to have a loaded weapon like a husband's gas bomb bum in front of you too! So glad you made it out alive!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! For once, I'd be relieved that I wasn't in a single picture. Nobody needs to see that kind of ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Twister is always dangerous!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. But at least you had quality family time, right??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to play twister, but it would have to be with people I trust and who I can count on to not put me in an awkward situation.

    So twister is out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't blame anyone for not wanting butt in their face.

    YAY for family twister!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The family that plays Twister together....

    ReplyDelete