Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WTF Wednesday - The "Why That's Fabulous!" Edition

Real Simple magazine has dubbed this week "Be Nice On The Internet Week." OK, I'll play along. It's only a week. 

They suggest swapping out the acronym WTF's usual meaning with "Why That's Fabulous," which totally went along with my planned post. 

My neighbor knocked on my door to invite the kids out to ride their bikes. 

"Natalie. Go upstairs and put on some sneakers! Hurry!" Five minutes later she came out like this. 


Sneakers, yes. Also, teal eye shadow, bright pink blush in rosy little circles on the wrong part of her cheeks and perfectly applied pink lip gloss.

And so I say "WHY, THAT'S FABULOUS!" Because it really is. I love that this kid is completely her own person. She's self-confident and willing to take risks. And at home I allow it. Am I going to love this when she's in high school? Probably not, but right now she can wear anything she wants to ride her bike as long as she's wearing her helmet.

17 comments:

  1. Can you blame her? I never leave the house without my teal eye shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The teal and hot pink? She's a natural diva!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha look at that little diva!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More importantly...from whom did she GET the teal eyeshadow. Tree...meet apple. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is totally fabulous! I love it! My youngest daughter does her own glamming it up with everything she owns. I love when their personality shines through. You definitely captured it in those photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad I'm not the only one. My little one came out wearing saphire blue. Thanks to my sister-in-law, my child is well supplied with make-up for the next 20 years. I'm going to start intercepting all birthday gifts from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its going to start way earlier then High School

    Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  8. And in the pic on the right she looks like she could be Drew's lil sister

    L

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a feeling my little one is going to be just like Natalie. And I do agree that she looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is so adorable.. what a fun little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. She does look fabulous! My girls definitely have their own style, and I generally fight the urge to tell them into change something that might, you know, match, and let them wear what they want. If they don't have a problem being seen that way, why should I?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know, my Mama always told me 'never leave the house without a little lipstick' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I adore her!!
    I wish we lived close so our girls could play together.

    ReplyDelete