Wednesday, January 4, 2012

WTF Wednesday - The "Really Trippy Dream" Edition


"Ali Dreams" never make sense. Ever.

Stick with me here...it involves a giant flying purple potato.

I had this really trippy dream where I dreamt that Devo (you know, the Whip it Good guys from the 80's) got really old, but they were still wearing their red Devo hats on their now-gray hair. In my dream they were wearing black short-shorts. Scary. They were sporting black socks pulled up to their knees of their skinny old man legs and they had on knee pads even though they weren't roller skating or anything. My dreams make no sense. Why would old men need knee pads for no good reason??? 

And instead of whipping something reeeal good, they were singing some crap about "working it out" and their eyes were bugging out of their heads. Then they were shaking like they were being electrocuted which makes sense because there were sparks flying everywhere! Oh my gosh I hope they're OK. Are they being electrocuted by their red hats? Are their brains being sucked out?

Then suddenly there were these bizarre monster-like creatures dressed as superheroes dancing to the Devo music as they watched it on a giant pink TV. One of them only has one eye. I always have bizarre monsters in my dreams. Monsters must like terrible music. Explains a lot. 

One of the old Devo guys was actually playing an accounting calculator or maybe a cash register strapped to his arm instead of a real musical instrument. Weird! It must have been the sushi I ate playing tricks on me. This is freaky.

Oh no! There's the dancing super-hero monsters again! Ahhh. Why won't the monsters leave me alone? 


HOLY MOLY! The geriatric new-wave one-hit wonders then turned into flying potatoes and shot through the roof the giant purple potato they were flying in and were now zooming around piecing together giant disks that turn out making an enormous red Devo hat like the ones they're wearing in this dream. I am clearly deranged to have my brain make this stuff up. It's terrifying! 

WHOA! Suddenly, the flying Devo potatoes put the giant hat on a freakin' MOUNTAIN and the mountain grew a FACE! Oh wait, it must have been a volcano because it started spewing ice cream sprinkles. SPRINKLES!

And then I woke up.

And of course, by "woke up" I mean "realized that this was an actual episode of Yo Gabba Gabba" and my kids were watching it.

WHO CONCOCTS THIS STUFF? WHAT MIND-ALTERING DRUGS ARE THEY ON? WHY ARE MY KIDS WATCHING IT?

I have long believed that Yo Gabba Gabba is a social experiment to see how horrible and annoying they can make a show and have parents still let their kids watch it.

That is some F*#@ed Up $hit.

WTF?!?!?

18 comments:

  1. I happened to see that show on TV one time, and I thought to watch this I seriously need to be trippin' on acid or taking shrooms...but then I hear kids love that crazy show! It makes my head hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst part is a studio exec saw the proposal for it and said "children will like this". And they were RIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That show has creeped me out since day one! It reminds me of the "Flubs" on the movie Spy Kids where they were brainwashing Secret Agents and turning them into characters on a kid's show. SO FREAKY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude I thought you were high!
    But you were just chilling with a GABA buzz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay... admittedly, it got on my nerves at first. The monsters sing their bad songs and weird Devo guy draws some crazy stuff. BUT - - My kiddo LOVES it! And, I gotta say... I watch it with him and can actually sing along to many of the songs. As a matter of fact, I often find myself singing the silly songs while in the shower or driving in the car. What's happened to me??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen yogabbagabba...now I have to.

    I hear kids love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMAO!!! Gabba Gabba is rather tripy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, that show is so wrong but so, so right. I'm with you on the social experiment thing. or, how many drugs the writers can take and still produce a show that wont' get angry calls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahahaha. That is my two year old's favorite. My husband and I call it 'the acid trip' but god bless it, it entertains her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Yo Gabba Gabba. My husband could have taken our girls to see the live show, but I begged to be the one to do it. Twice. DJ Lance Rock is kind of my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Weirdest show ever -- but kids love it in a Teletubbies kind of way. Mark Mothersbaugh is one of the cast members -- he was in Devo, that's your answer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alright... I wanted to see what the big deal w/that show was all about and thought that maybe my almost 2 yr old toddler would like it.
    Nope. It was just way to strange... I'm sure you have to be on something to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that show HAS to be better than Boohbah though. . . right? I dodged the teletubbies and Yo Gabba Gabba.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Yo Gabba Gabba. Shut your whore mouth.

    (too much? Did I just cross a line.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love stupid and weird things and I just canNOT get into that show. It takes it just one step too far down druggy lane. For realz!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha...I used to feel that way about Yo Gabba Gabba, but now I love it. And at the live show (yes, we went), I think the parents may have been more excited than the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so glad that they don't have that here. I think I would lose my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My husband n I have a 2 yr old n thank God my mom gave him OnE Dvd of yo gabba wtf ,y is there a one eyed diseased orange(uhhh yeah)the music is awful,i sing the song,good bye good bye good bye,,,AGHHHHHH!!!!!·its on now,,,,,,y mom,y???i cnt let my son kno it's on t.v.,,,,we cnt handle more of this show...we like The Adventures of Gumball,,,,now that's.awsome....lmfao

    ReplyDelete