Friday, January 20, 2012

Random Ali Facts - Round 2

A few months after I got on Facebook for the first time just over three years ago, there was this Facebook note thing that went around asking for 25 Random Facts about you. I'm reposting to my blog with 2012 updates. If you missed Round 1, here it is.  Random Ali Facts - Round 1


Here's Round 2 with a gratuitous 2009 photo. 


2009 Fact 6:  I’ll never tell somebody their baby is cute if they really aren’t (have I gotten you thinking). 


2012 Update: No update. This is true. Sadly not all babies are created equal and of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder, beauty is only skin deep, every rose has it's thorn...and all those other beauty quotes (OK that last one was totally not a beauty quote, but a great excuse to get in a 80's hair band reference).


I'm certainly not rude about it, I simply find something else complimentary to say and I am REALLY good at thinkin' up words. Luckily I'm not as bad as Kramer...(stupid YouTube wouldn't allow this one to be embedded). Kramer sees an ugly baby.


2009 Fact 7:  I’m a wealth of useless information. Not as bad as the kid from Jerry McGuire though. 


2012 Update:  No longer true. I'm pretty sure whatever was left of my rapidly deteriorating brain was pushed out the other side of my body along with Justin years ago. I must not have realized that at the time I wrote this. I used to know bunches of stuff. Nothing good that would impress anyone, but things like Madonna's full name, years that songs came out and lines from TV shows. 


Today, I can't even remember my own children's names, although I still do remember Madonna's. I can't recall off the top of my head where the last Olympics was, can't name one movie in the theater right now or what name P Diddy/Puff Daddy/Sean Combs is going by these days. I can't even remember where I left my keys or whether I put on deodorant that morning.


I will add here that I was able to impress my husband and brother last night with my knowledge of the John Wayne Gacy story...but that's just weird and not something to brag about. 

2009 Fact 8:  I switched to cloth napkins last year to make up for using disposable diapers. 


2012 Update:  Still only use cloth, although if you read news of a woman being strangled by a cloth napkin it will be me. My husband (who folds most of the laundry) is over it. I just came up with the brilliant idea of teaching the kids to fold them. I'm going to start taking the saying "hand are for helping, not hurting" literally. 

2009 Fact 9:  My dogs bark when I’m on work calls and always when it’s my boss. 


2012 Update:  I work from home. *Insert sounds of angels here* It is the best gig I can imagine. However, the second I pick up the phone a neighbor's dog comes into my yard, takes a crap and causes my dogs, who are watching longingly through the window, to go berserk. And the 2009 boss? He became my new boss again yesterday and I'm really happy about it. This will be the first and last time I mention him on my blog. OK, maybe once more. 


2009 Fact 10:  I still have a pair of pants at the seamstress that I dropped off in November.


2012 Update: For those of you who aren't Math whizzes, that would be November of 2008. They were a pair of post-baby jeans that I reluctantly bought from Forever 21. Yeah, not quite a place that my fat ass needs to be buying pants. It took me so long to actually get back around to picking them up that by then I miraculously fit back into my old jeans again. Rather than paying $10 for the hem on a $19 pair of jeans that I'd never wear... I left them. Yes, I realize this is stealing. It was is disgraceful and I still feel bad about it. 

13 comments:

  1. You should feel awful about that jeans thing {last update, freshest in my mind}

    The dog barking thing? My God. My dog barks at the wind. I just don't talk on the phone at home anymore. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great!

    I love the baby one! Before we had our first baby, I relentlessly questioned my hubby about this. What if we had an ugly baby and didn't know it was ugly and paraded it around and everyone else knew it was ugly and talked about it behind our backs? Or would it be worse to have an ugly baby and KNOW it was ugly, and then people would say...oh, what a beautiful baby...and we would know they were lying? How would we respond? Thank you? Or would we tell them we knew they were lying??

    Thank God all 4 of ours came out breath-takingly beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny, my very first post when I started my blog was a "25 Things" post, but I love how you've followed up with updates on each of them - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too funny! I would have done the same thing with the jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you on the jeans thing. Don't blame you at all.

    Also, I TOTALLY get the dog barking bit. I've never worked from home, but on the off chance I ever take an important phone call (as in not a friend or family member) someone undoubtedly rings our doorbell and my dogs go ape shit. Every time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The other day I forgot how old I was. I was preaching to my nine year old daughter about how I've been doing X for forty. . . um. . . for forty. . . for forty something years and I think I have a handle on it. And she laughed HARD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh. . . this was in response to your wealth of useless information and failing memory bullet point. That wasn't a TOTAL non sequitur

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never, ever felt bad about using disposable diapers, but then I wouldn't feel bad about the jeans either. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think kids suck out the extra room we had in our brains for useless info. Like you said we're lucky if we remember to put on deodorant! I am the same way with babies...not all are cute but they can be sweet, right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I can't remember whether or not you've ever told me Donut is cute...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad you used your blog as a confession booth. I mean, that's what it's for! Someone probably came across those jeans and were ecstatic because they were JUST the right size. That kind of stuff probably happens a lot! By the way, I love your 80's hairband reference!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You posted this on my anniversary so I missed this. So happy I found the second round.
    I now by two deodorants...one for the house and one for the center console of the car. I am always walking out without remembering to put it on. It is a lifesaver.
    As for the expression of Kramer...I can still see it clearly in my head. No need for embedding on my part. That is one of my favorite episodes. I love how Elaine questions her own vanity after the doctor says how gorgeous the baby is.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I respect you even more now that I know you won't tell an ugly baby their pretty.
    There's too many ugly kids running around trying to be on toddlers and tiaras and I for one will not have it.

    ReplyDelete