My blogoversary if you will. But unlike some more committed bloggers, there will be no give-aways or hoopla. I just want to say "thanks."
Thank you for reading my blog. I started My Suitcase Full of Tricks as a place where I could put my thoughts down, maybe make people laugh and help other parents realize that other people live through lunacy too, we survive and it can also be fun.
I didn't think when I started that anyone other than my Facebook friends and my family would read it and I was completely blown away by how supportive everyone was.
I was shocked to quickly learn that with a tiny bit of effort, blogging can introduce you to people from all over the place with who the only things you have in common are the facts that you probably have a kid or two and you have a blog...or not.
I could quickly rattle off a list of people I would absolutely be thrilled to have show up on my doorstep. If you want to know who those people are, give it a day or two and most of them will have commented on this blog post because that's how great they are to me. I think the world of them.
And to wrap up, here are a few quick facts:
- I did 99 blog posts in 2011. I'm such a slacker. Couldn't do that last one, could ya Ali?
- I never wrote about poop although I used the word "poop" 4 times.
- I never divulged my husband's name or our last name although you could probably figure it out. I didn't even use my own name for several months, but just couldn't get by without it.
- I only did one blog post without an image and it was my first post. It was a little love letter to my friend Ciarla who was a treasure trove of info as the only person I've ever known to have a blog. She's amazing.
- I still haven't gotten around to making myself a blog button. Anyone want to make one for me? I'm taking volunteers.
- I only guest-posted on one other person's blog. I kind of strong-armed the beautiful Rach of Life Ever Since into letting me do it. She also told me how to put social media icons on my blog and I'll NEVER forget that. I owe her a kidney if she ever needs one.
- I never had a guest-poster here. Too much organization for me.
- I actually had a short-lived freelance blogging gig that I only told a few blogging friends about.
- Only two people ever have asked me what the heck my blog name means. I told one of them and I don't even remember who the second person was. And I'm not telling you now, but if you guess I'll gladly confirm.
Thanks kids! I mean it.