Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Monster of a Thanksgiving Guest

I haven't done a blog post in like 10 days. Or more.

So who wants to hear about Thanksgiving? Shut up, yes you do.

But just so this isn't another boring mom blogger regurgitating what happened, Pilgrim Mike Wazowski will be my lovely assistant. He was good at it last time.

Here's my favorite one-eyed Pixar character Happy Meal toy Mike Wazowski on my dining room table hours before the guests arrived. 

I may or may not have specially made a tiny little pilgrim hat for him out of foam core from Ryan's Halloween costume... "Nice Pinterest-inspired bean and corn centerpieces Ali!," says Mike. "And might those be the pine cones you foraged for and had to soak in bleach because bugs were crawling all over your counter?" Why yes, they are Mike. Yes they ARE! 

"Mmmm. I love eating food that is the same color as me," says Mike. "Anything I can do to help?" Nope. Thanks anyway Mike. Unless you'd like to go break up the fight in the family room over whether we're going to watch the Macy's Parade or an episode of Wizards of Waverly Place for the 7,000th time. Yeah, get on that.

Awww Mike. Don't cry. "I'm not crying you nitwit, the onions are making my eye water." Doesn't he look like he's going to give that onion a badass Chuck Norris karate chop? You go Mike! You show that onion who's boss! Hi-YA!

Here's Mike digging in to the uncooked baked clams and stuffed mushrooms. Oh Mike, that's gross. They must do things way differently in Monstopolis.

"Go Cowboys!" says Mike Wazowski. "That's one big-ass TV you got there, but it doesn't make watching the Cowboys any less excruciating and I only have to see one eye's worth." 

Oh for the love of all that's holy Mike! Please don't get schnockered at my house on Thanksgiving! That's my husband JakeRyan's job. I will say that I'm very impressed with how you were able to balance on this wine glass with your teeth! You so cray-zeee.

"Yum, I don't care how dry it is. I want to eat this up anyway," says a very hungry Mike Wazowski. Poor Mike. Everyone on twitter told me that the turkey roasting bag was the way to go and the damn turkey fell apart. Lesson learned Mike...lesson learned. 


Mike, what are you DOING? You said you were helping Katie do the dishes, but you really look like you're about to dive bomb into the dishwasher.

Let's see if you can find Mike in this picture. He suffered Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from whatever it was that happened in Natalie's room. One minute we're sitting at the table bullshitting about all the stuff we're thankful for and then WHAMO - this. You shouldn't have to endure this Mike Wazowski. What happens in Natalie's room stays in Natalie's room. 

All that turkey made Mike a sleepy monster so we let him take a little nappy-poo on the couch. I covered him all snuggly with a napkin. 


And what were we doing while Mike was resting his eye? My sister and I were in the playroom making a little movie of us singing our favorite song...Band Aid's Do They Know It's Christmas (Feed the World). I wrote a little post about it. And if I get a sufficient amount of comments below I will post it. I'll be the judge. But it has to be a HUGE number of comments. 

SO, all you people who know us in real life who just read this blog and never comment - now's the time. 

What? You say you love posts with Mike Wazowski? Try this one. http://www.mysuitcasefulloftricks.com/2011/04/my-magical-box.html

31 comments:

  1. I would love to have Mike as dinner guest! Can he bring his stylish pilgrim hat....I think it might make a fashion comeback!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! My first visit to your blog. Coffee is now up in my sinus cavity from snorting with laughter. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post it, Ali. Then? Buy tickets to Blissdom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love starting my day off with Mike but I really need to see that video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first I thought you were super-cool and had it 100% all together. But now I'm realizing you're as big of a dork as myself. I LOVE this post. Not too many of us run around taking silly pictures while our husbands look on like "WTF are you doing NOW?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. 6?? We're only at 6 comments?? Do people know that you're doing this? Why not??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just want to see Mike with his Santa hat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that turkey leg picture made me hungry. Only 30 more minutes until lunch break. . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post made me miss Thanksgiving. Post the video so I can be excited for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job Mike. Ali, you're ok too. Now post that song damn it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You didn't say how many comments, or how many people had to post them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So here's a third comment. I love you Ali. The pictures were too much of a teaser. I want to see the video!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also love Mike Wazowski but I probably misspelled his name and am too lazy to scroll back up to copy however you spelled his name.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, I scrolled up. We spelled it the same way. Must be right then, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now I want to watch Monsters Inc. But I don't own it! The tragedy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So this is a lot of comments, yeah? I think I deserve a reward for leaving you this many comments. Like a viewing of the video.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yup, you need a book deal. A book compiling your blogs, photos and all. Absolutely hilarious! (Also, POST THAT VIDEO!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't wait to see Mike's Christmas pics. What a fun guest. I want to see the video!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You and your sister look a lot alike!!
    Love all the pics with Mike...looks like he had a GREAT Thanksgiving!!
    Even though I don't know you in real life, I sure would like to see that video :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I NEED to see this video!!!!-Erica

    ReplyDelete
  21. What did your family think of your dinner guest? He is pretty awesome.

    Also? POST IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your dinner guest and want one of my own!

    Annndddd...I wanna hear you sing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL this is hilarious! And yes we want a video of the singing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What fun! He really looks like a wonderful guy to have over.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh please. Yes Yes Yes. POST! p.s. I heard that sang on my way to the grocery store this morning at 7 a.m. How have you no heard it yet? Maybe New England plays it more because it has a lot of English people in it? Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Why yes, I have gotten sucked into your archives.

    I LOVE that you made him a pilgrim hat. And obviously, you had things under control in the kitchen if you're following Mike around recording his shenanigans. I love Mike, but Moo is my very favorite Pixar character.

    ReplyDelete