Wednesday, November 16, 2011

WTF Wednesday - The "He Learned It From a Book" Edition

My son is 8. I have no idea where he learns things. Case in point:

Chip (yes from Beauty & the Beast)


A dark gray stress ball 



"HEY LOOK MOM! CHIP HAS AN AFRO!"


Me: "How do you know what an afro is Ryan?"

Ryan: "It was in one of my books." Last time I checked Hair wasn't his reading level.

Me: "Which book had that in it???"

Ryan: "Ook and Gluk. Kung-Fu Cavemen from the Future"

Me: "OK, I can see that."


WTF?!?!?

And another Ryan ditty from this week:

Me: "Ryan, I think you LIKE Julia."
Ryan: "No. Actually, I chase her around on the playground making faces at her. That's how much I DON'T like her."

Thanks for proving my point kid. 

20 comments:

  1. LOVE This. Captain Underpants books are quite the collection of nonsensical stuff. But boys love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Totally made me laugh.

    I bet my son would love those books, I am going to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA! See, I think that's sheer brilliant thinking right there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me kind of happy that my son isn't reading yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL that is hilarious! They are such sponges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is too funny! At least he has quite an imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMAO! That's creativity! Future comic?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chip has soul. That's very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chip is the hippest tea pot around. Nope, he doesn't like that girl at all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is it bad that this cracked me up?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's awesome about him clarifying his like/dislike for Julia.
    I often shake my head when my daughter comes out with something, wondering where it came from.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! Chip has never looked better! And I'm glad he made it clear that he doesn't like Julia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, clearly he has ONLY negative feelings for Julia. But not for afros, so that's good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that kid!
    SO SMART!!!!
    He knows what's important in life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's so funny! I remember having boys chase me around in grade school because they "didn't" like me. One even hit me with his violin case. (Crazy story, totally random, don't ask :) I know one day I will be explaining to my daughter why so-and-so boy at school is chasing her around. Why do they do that anyway?

    ReplyDelete