We have a little family Christmas tradition.
And by "we" I mean just me and my sister. Nobody else has ever been invited to participate. And truthfully if somebody else wanted to join we'd laugh in their face.
It's a contest: Whoever is the first to hear the best Christmas song EVER, Band Aid's Feed the World, Wins. That's it.
1. Has to play randomly, like on the radio, satellite or in a store - Proactively obtaining it on YouTube doesn't count.
2. Has to be accompanied by a cell phone call where the other person can HEAR it.
3. Winner gets bragging rights for a year.
But we're children of the '80. In the days prior to the internet, hearing an iconic Christmas song the way it was intended (only at Christmas) was a huge treat. When it would come on the radio each year we'd freak out...for years...and years. Somewhere along the line it became a contest. I don't even remember when.
Satellite radio really screwed up my winning streak. Not to mention that I work from home and spend all of 10 minutes a day in the car. Melissa has been the reigning winner for at least the last 3 years.
So the point of this post: GAME ON LISS! I'm throwing down the gauntlet. I'm not listening to satellite radio until I win. 2011 is the year of Ali.
For the completely clueless who don't know what I'm talking about I've attached it below. You should watch for the following reasons:
1. It's about feeding starving kids in Africa this is not a real reason to watch it, but I felt like I had to say this...
2. John Taylor - my Duran Duran boyfriend and hottest guy ever to walk the earth playing bass very giddily.
3. Sting at his absolute sexiest. No arguments. This was his sexiest.
4. Bono sporting a mullet.
5. You'll probably never hear Paul Young sing again.
6. Boy George sings a mean "ooohh."
7. Random members of Kool & The Gang standing out like sore thumbs among all the Brits.
8. Bananarama!!! Bananarama! Bananarama!
If you want to know who wins I'll post this year's winner on the Blog's Facebook page.