Monday, November 14, 2011

Guess Who Got an Award. ME!

Guess who got an award. ME!

I happened across another person's blog recently (darned if I remember how), but I decided to follow her probably because the name is so cute.

So what happens? Last week she commented on MY blog and told me she gave me an award on hers. SOOOOO. I got a Liebster Blog Award from sweet Stacy from Cardigans & CrayonsThat link means go visit her kids. Recently she talked about being thankful for yoga pants. So this is a woman with her priorities straight! (My kinda gal).




What is a Liebster Award you might ask? "Liebster" is the German word for "beloved" or "dearest"...or "favorite." How about that! It's an award for bloggers with 200 or less followers to encourage others to follow them. Might I point out that I still have less than 200 followers. What's up with that? Shameless plug for more followers. 

I think it's only appropriate that I got an award with a German name since I was saddled with a German maiden name for 24 years and 49 weeks of life. You know, the name that rhymes with Vinegar and allowed some very creative people to call me "Whiny Girl." It also starts with one of the last letters of the alphabet (this becomes important later in the post).

Now I get to give it away to 5 other bloggers who have followings under 200. Crap.

I read so many blogs that I love (but not as often as I should).

So I used the very scientific method of awarding the blogs of some people I talk to a bunch on Twitter. Here goes (in reverse alphabetical order so I don't hurt feelings. Why reverse? Because I was saddled with a German name that begins with a W. Payback.)

Rusti of My Life as an Officer's Wife. - She's all knocked up and it was half my fault that it was announced to all of our Twitter friends. I repeat. Only half my fault.

Roxanne of Unintentionally Brilliant.- Just because I like her and she has aspirations of being a "real" writer and we have to give her credit for that.

Leighann, The Multitasking Mumma. - Simply because she understands and appreciates my warped sense of humor. That's all.

Kristi, the Robot Mommy.- Because she's a newer blogger too and is way more "all over it" than I am. She does fun stuff and everything!

Jennifer of Midwest Momments. She writes beautiful posts AND has started her own business which I admire.

Honorable Mention (because she's not on Twitter, but SHOULD BE BECAUSE SHE'S HILARIOUS)
Marianne of We Band of Mothers.

OK Ladies - give away the award if you want to. If not, no pressure since we're all super-busy mom bloggers around here!

8 comments:

  1. I'm HONORED, chica!! Thank you for thinking of me. Now, explain the "all over it" that you say I am?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo!
    Thanks for this award.
    I didn't know I had under 200 followers. I thought I was around the 5600 mark.
    Way to burst my bubble.
    Guess I won't be dining with Mama Kat or Scary Mommy anytime soon.

    I like you kid! You've got spunk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! You are so sweet! :) And seriously, how do you NOT have 200 followers yet? Crazy talk...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award! I feel so honored to be one of your followers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're FABULOUS. thanks for the award lady! you're one of my Leibster's too. But I think I'm just going to call you my Lobster, because it's easier. hey wait, isn't that from a movie?? eh, I can't remember... I'm blaming pregnancy brain. and wait just a minute, only half YOUR fault? I thought you said it was your DOG? hmmm... I may have to rethink this Lobster thing... oh screw it. I still love you. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your award! Despite what GFC says, I think you have waaaaay more readers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GFC must be wrong. Demand a recount!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats & thank you! I needed that today. Let me get through this week and I will investigate this Twitter thing of which you speak. (:

    ReplyDelete