Wednesday, October 5, 2011

WTF Wednesday - The "Oh My Eyes!" Edition

You might assume that the fact that we left our kids' suitcase at home last week during our cruise was the most traumatic thing that happened on the vacation - but you'd be wrong. (Read about that here)

I don't think anything quite compares to the visual trauma we suffered from seeing this man, whose head is way to small for his body, sunbathing in his Speedo. WTF?!?!?


I don't think it's the fact that he was quite large in general that struck us, or even the Speedo. I think it was the way he was just laying there all sprawled out, legs open, arms behind his head with nothing more than the obvious goal of roasting himself in the sun. Like this:


Like a big-ass turkey with a teeny, tiny head and black sunglasses.

I hate being mean and I know that this is, but please people - nobody should own a Speedo unless you're a competitive swimmer. However, smart money says this guy isn't. I stuck a beach ball on his face to give him some dignity. What do you think?

Poor Natalie almost walked into a wall while craning her neck to look at him. I took the opportunity to have a little "we don't stare at people" parenting lesson with her, but it was hysterical to see the expressions on people's faces and their double-takes when they first got a glimpse of this guy.

So after I taught my kids not to stare, I got them settled at the pool with their dad, while I walked away with my camera and made like I was taking pictures of the scenery so I could have him for my WTF Wednesday post.

I'm going to hell.

WTF?!?!?!


And one more thing. Geez people! If you haven't yet voted for us in the Parents Magazine Funniest Mom Blog contest can you give us a click? I'll only ask for the next 10 days. Takes 60 seconds. Just unclick the boxes and Parents Magazine won't send you emails. Just click the pink box.

21 comments:

  1. ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

    What the eff is wrong with people? There are CHILDREN around! And hot chicks that are going to be grossed out! He has issues, he does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no words for this guy....

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! Another great post! Things cannot be unseen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And now I want some turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHAHAHA! My dad moved to Germany when I was 5 & I refused to go to the pool until he got something other than a speedo. He was in good shape, too...but it was my dad...in a banana hammock. EWWWWW!!!

    He looks like he used to be a bodybuilder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it just me, or does it look like he's trying to suck it in?

    WTF, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oy, ouch! I agree with the whole Speedo thing. I really don't get why anyone would wear those. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm scarred for life now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seriously saw this same guy on a cruise I went on!!! OK, maybe my guy was older, but still. I really have no idea what he's thinking, but I love your awesome art skills of including a turkey on his body. I'm guessing it's Butterball brand ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course you had to share this picture with us. You are too kind. #not

    ReplyDelete
  11. That image is now burned into my brain. Thanks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you SO much. I'm totally out of eye bleach now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! That's my husband!!! Actually, it's not-thank goodness-but it would have been almost as funny as this post if it were;). Thanks for the giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Smart money says this guy isn't." Awww, c'mon! He could be Michael Phelps' twin! ;)

    Dying at the big-ass turkey with the tiny head. DY-ING. Save me a spot in hell, would you?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. Thats awesome. Really. Now I am going to find my 2 year old so he can poke my eyes out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing the bit about leaving your kids' suitcase at home. I thought that I was the only forgetful mom out there. I guess it's better than forgetting the kids! :-) You're not going to hell. You're going to the heaven with a sense of humor! Following your blog and will follow you on Twitter. Please follow me back at http://chatonsworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Found your blog through the Parents Best competition and was amused enough to read on.

    However, because of this post I will not be voting for you and I will not be reading your blog again.

    Posting pictures of people you thing are funny (or gross or whatever) looking on the internet without their consent, is not cool. I bet you'd hate it if someone did this to your kids (or partner or yourself) and you'd be right to - it's mean and rude.

    I'm stuck posting as 'annonymous' because I don't have any of the other IDs (or a website) but I do own my comments and will check back in case you wish to respond.

    Best wishes,

    Betts

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Betts - I can certainly respect your point of view and your comment does make sense to me - thank you for taking time to post it. I know the odds are very slim of this man ever coming to my blog and stumbling upon his photo, but I truly do understand your concern. WTF is the theme of my Wednesday posts and based on dozens of reactions to this guy and the way he was sprawled out with his legs open like that, I thought posting it would be appropriate. I regret if this post offended you. Thanks again for voicing your opinion as I do take every comment very seriously. Sincerely, Ali

    ReplyDelete