Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Honeymooners or Whatever

11 years ago TODAY, we left for our honeymoon cruise in the Caribbean. A few weeks ago, I posted a picture from our wedding and today, I'm linking up with Natalie again to show off our honeymoon shots.

We have said that Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica was by far the most fun we've ever had together and we stand by that to this day. Here we are as he's pulling my ass into freezing cold water.


One of the ports was Cozumel where, in an attempt to get in some culture, we visited the Mayan  Ruins. Here's my very cultured husband pretending to use what he insisted was a "Mayan Toilet." Notice how FAR back I was standing to take this picture. This wasn't the first or the last time this man would completely mortify me.


Here we are at dinner. Pretty much the best thing about any cruise. Unlimited food. Yes, that shirt is very shiny. Glad you noticed.


Finally, here is the other couple we spent half of our honeymoon with. I think that after a few days they had enough of each other (just like we had) and needed some company. Does anyone know them? Their names are Ryan and Tammy and I think they were from Boston. This was before the days of Facebook and we got their phone numbers and emails, but never connected. I'd love to hear if they're still married.  Clearly, neither of them read my world-famous blog or certainly they'd have reached out, right?

We have never been on another cruise despite numerous attempts. Every time we were ready to go, I'd become pregnant again. So we're going at the end of the month. This time we'll be taking 3 stowaways.

Mommy of a Monster

14 comments:

  1. I giggled through this post. First, it seems more like a make-fun-of-husband post, which are always a good time. Also, I really, really hope you have a great cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha love the shiny shirt! Looks like you guys had a great honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cruises are awesome. I'm threatening my mother in law that we're going on one instead of going home for Christmas. Anyway, these are adorable...what are husbands good for if not mortifying you some way? Love the shiny shirt. Total cruisewear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your sense of humor! Great post! :) I hope you all enjoy your cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to go on a cruise but so far haven't done it. Enjoy it, even with the stowaways. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shiny shirt? Hysterical! They were totally in 11 years ago!

    Have a great time on your cruise. Where are you going this time?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That shirt is shiny. And it's always fun to look at old pictures. Hope you enjoy your second cruise - with little ones. We've never been on one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it. I've heard fantastic things about cruises, but never done one...

    also? i love that shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your commentary! I bet they DO read your world famous blog but are too nervous to say anything because you are world famous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a fun honeymoon! I don't know Ryan and Tammy but they look like fun people!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love nosing around in other people's lives, so the pics of your honeymoon: perfect! And could you and your husband be any more gorgeous! Geez, you're like a brunette Barbie to his Ken...only I'm sure you're both anatomically correct :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too funny! I can't believe he was really peeing there. And that shiny shirt, ha! I've been on 1 cruise without Dale. I will most likely never go on another one. Dale hates flying and WILL NOT be on a big boat in the ocean. Titanic fears. How can such a jock of a guy be such a wuss?! I hope you all have a blast!!!

    tksharp@yahoo.com (you know because why)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband would only wear a shiny shirt for me at the wedding - on the honeymoon and for the rest of our natural lives or perhaps when our children get married it's a t-shirt with a pocket or without.

    Love the honeymoon pictures. I hope Ryan and Tammy pipe up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You guys are ridiculously good looking.

    ReplyDelete