Wednesday, August 24, 2011

WTF Wednesday - The "Smurferiffic" Edition

Dear Neighbors,

I'm a working mom. I have very little time to create memorable and enriching experiences for my kids so I have to be creative and take opportunities whenever I can.

I'm sure you were just being lazy and not taking care of your lawns (especially you Mr. Foreclosure Guy), but I wanted to say thank you for the opportunity to take my Smurf-loving son on a little outing into your yards to find the best mushrooms in which to make a Smurferiffic Village.

WTF you ask??? Perhaps we can call our little outing "Fun With Fungi." And talk about economical! Heck Smurfin' yeah!

You see, my poor children's father must not love them very much because he mows his grass regularly and even sprays stuff. Therefore, the only mushrooms my children have seen have been in food. Thanks to you and your really Smuftabulous 'shrooms, I was able to have a bonding moment with my son and 7 of his best McDonalds Happy Meal toys.

I've attached some photos as a token of my appreciation. I even put on a few little polka-dots like a REAL Smurf village.


Have a Smurfy Day!
Love, Ali



P.S. I think Paniky Smurf (yes there is one named that, I don't remember him either) was a little "paniky" and nervous about you walking out and catching us having a photo shoot on your property. He might have left a little blue turd on your lawn due to nerves. Sorry. 
WTF?!?!?!


And did you vote yet? I'm not gonna stop asking... Click here or up there on the right.



21 comments:

  1. I've never seen mushrooms in people's front yard. That's kind of gross, but glad it provided a nice little smurf village!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the biggest mushrooms I've ever seen growing on someone lawn. They are kinda pretty and even more so after being transformed into a little Smurf Village. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, he'd LOVE our landscaping then. We have fungus among us all the time and have no idea how to get rid of it. He'd have to get more smurfs there are so many mushrooms ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha that is hilarious! I love the fact you added red dots to the mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUCH a cute, clever idea.

    Now all I need is a lazy neighbor and some smurf figurines!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the largest shrooms I have ever seen in someone's yard. Perfect for playing Smurfs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh...YES! These WTF Wednesday posts are my absolute fave. You are so funny, Ali XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. As an adult who grew up watching the Smurfs, I can truly appreciate this post! Love the red dots on the mushrooms!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha! Hysterical. Blue turds? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was so funny! This is SUCH a great idea! My boys would love to take a walk around the neighborhood to find mushrooms for their Smurfs. Also? Thank you McDonald's for the Smurf toys! Isn't that where you got yours? That's where we got ours...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did a post kind of like this, only without the kids. I just walked around the neighborhood/trails by our house with the smurfs, my camera and the dog...so...that's weird. I probably should have let the kids in on the fun. Woops! Here's the link, we actually have those dotted mushrooms here in AK! http://twinisms.com/2011/08/20/saturday-photos-21/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, crap...I'm like 15 votes behind you on Parents.com and your blog is way funnier. Sh*t. Now I've got to follow you. You suck. In an absolutely ingenious way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahahaha!!! This is awesome! And very creative! Love those darn smurfs :)
    And I voted.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LMAO!!!! Those pics are awesome. Sort of makes me want to grow mushrooms in my yard....

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is SO smurfarific! You are the smurfiest mom around! Too funny!

    tksharp@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. HA! That is CUTE! What a great mom moment. These pics are album worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's just brilliant! I bet he'll always remember that vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  18. No WAY! I think that's amazing. Our mushrooms never get as large as our smurfs. Perhaps I need to talk to our neighbors about being lazier.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We mow regularly and treat the lawn BUT we've had tons of shrooms in the past 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the Smurf outing! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun and if I knew that McDonalds had Smurf toys I'd be there every day getting a Happy Meal!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks like you're missing Smurfette. We have three if you need one!!! :)

    ReplyDelete