Wednesday, August 3, 2011

WTF Wednesday - The "Granny Panties" Edition

Justin only has two more weeks in Miss Cassie's classroom and I'm sad about it. Cassie and I get along very well. She's the perfect teacher to accept my laid-back ways of parenting and not be judgy (except today she did tell me I needed to send fresh fruit).

But perhaps I'll miss her most because of her great texts.

December 1, 2010. It was a Monday which means I had to send back the kid's clean nap stuff (a fitted sheet and blanket). That morning I was in a rush, so without thinking of any possible mortifying embarrassment, I just grabbed them out of the laundry basket, rolled them into a ball and left. A little while later as I sat in my office, I got this text:


WTF?!?!?

Allow me to blow up that picture for you.

Yes, as they were unpacking Justin's fitted sheet, out fell a pair of brand new, never-worn, hideous granny panties. To put it another way: I sent MY underwear to school with a 2-year-old. And not just ANY underwear...really ugly unmentionables. Here's the next part of the text:


I know you're impressed with how I tried to divert their attention away from myself and claim that my husband wears women's underwear. And even though they thought the whole thing was funny, I still felt compelled to EXPLAIN why such a hot chick like myself had such a nasty pair of panties.


And they did go in the trash, just like the other three pairs that I bought along with them.

So aren't you wondering WHY a hot chick like me (yes, I do think that fact is important enough to repeat) had not one, but four pairs of these panties? A few days earlier I was down at the outlet mall and walked into the Maidenform store where I encountered a huge bin of plain white granny panties for $.50 each. Yes, math geniuses, that means I paid $2 for four pairs of panties. I figured for $2 I could dump them if they were bad. Not only were they ugly, they were see-through. Not a good look. AND my husband saw me in them and probably threw up in his mouth a little. The other three were long gone, but that 4th pair was lost...thanks to Miss Cassie for finding them.

Oh, and I didn't learn my lesson:



WTF?!?!?!?

24 comments:

  1. I have to stop reading your posts at work! I was dying and my co-workers think I'm crazy! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! Cassie is pretty awesome. And so are you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky to have such a great teacher for Justin! I can understand why you will be sad for him not to have her.

    Rolling over here. Trying to contain my laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was in college, my buddy borrowed his little sisters sleeping bag and found boys boxers inside that night when we rolled it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I wish that I could be a day care teacher just to have funny stories like this to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, you are so freaking hilarious. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This confirms that I'm not just paranoid. I check his sheets & blankets every time before throwing them in his backpack because I am terrified of this happening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh...I'm sitting at my sons hockey camp reading this in a room full of hockey moms laughing hysterically to myself. Really really hysterically. Like I think I just peed a little hysterically!!!

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post is the reason I love coming to your blog. Ok, Cassie is pretty awesome and I love how hilarious you are with her! I totally buy the granny underwear. My husband hates it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Only you Ali. Only you. I'm sure your hubs appreciated the mention about the leopard print ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for convincing me to go buy some new undies. Because if this had happened to me, granny-style would've ranked lowest on my reasons for embarrassment. I gots me some ratty drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so something that will happen at our house when the time draws near. Hilarious. And WTFworthy for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha! That's hilarious! I'm curious though, does your husband know you used him to divert the attention from you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Snow Mah GAH!!! That rocks. Especially because she texts you pictures. Our texter girl left the center and now we have to wait til the end of the day. Personally I'd like to know if my undies were hangin around before I showed up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is thebest WTF ever! I love that you have a million excuses for buying them! I'd have been all, "No! What kind of mom do you think I am!"

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE THIS!! So freaking hilarious!! I absolutely love your humor!

    ReplyDelete
  17. HILARIOUS! When I read this I said "Oh my God" and my husband asked me if someone died. No honey, no one died, this gal just sent her panties to preschool : ) Not funny but funny.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Granny underwear is practical! No judgement here. All I could think the whole time was "oh no, please don't let it be used!"

    GREAT STORY - thanks for sharing and making all of us laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is hilarious!!! Hahaha!! This sounds like something I would do. I love, love, love the text messages!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my Sweet Baby Jesus that is hilarious!
    I'm so checking all of the blankets now before I send my daughter to daycare.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I remember that! I miss Cassie too!! Give her a Hugh hug for me!! She is the BEST!!

    ReplyDelete