Monday, August 8, 2011

What The Rest of Us Did While YOU Were at BlogHer

If you're a blogger and a female, you know that this past weekend was BlogHer '11 where over 3,000 bloggers (not just chicks) descended upon San Diego for a big fancy drunkfest convention.

There was dancing, there was swag, but most importantly, there was 191,752 tweets with the hashtag #blogher11. Did anyone else notice?

But I wasn't there. Did anyone miss me? No. Not only was I not there, neither were some other fan-freakin'-tabulous bloggers who were previously committed to doing other things and couldn't attend.

SO, pray tel, what were we all doing? I've included a little photo montage to show you.

I went to a baby shower and also had a lack of funding to fly clear across the country. SO, while the rest of you were at BlogHer I was getting a jump start on my BlogHer12 fund. I can't take credit. This great idea was Ryan's. I even blogged about it. Lemonade is for sissies.



But I'm not the only one who stayed home because we had other things that were going on. Rach, from the blog Life With Baby Donut, had a little plumbing issue. Seems as if my white granny panties (that I blogged about sending to school last week) somehow showed up in the toilet of my twitter twin over a thousand miles away. Can't keep track of those things. Geez Rach! Don't look so disgusted. I never wore them, remember?


Others of us stayed home with kids and tend to household duties. But not to be outdone by those ladies partying it up in California, Elena from Mommy is in Timeout classed up her grass cutting. Because honestly, lawn mowers are for heathens.


Yes, that is a tiara and those ARE scissors (how refined).

And then there's Dana. Don't mess with her. The mastermind behind Really, What Were We Thinking got into a little "scuffle" at the play area in the mall. Some kid got a little too pushy with Klaw and she had to check a bitch. Not the pushy kid, but his Dad. And contrary to what you might think, this photo is not related to her occasional nose bleeds. Nope. She's one bad mammajamma.


And finally, there's Liz from A belle, a bean and a chicago dog. She took some time out from being a social media maven and co-hosting the Summer Blog Social to take her girls to the aquarium. Since the sharks weren't being particularly ferocious (must have had BlogHer on their little tiny brains), Liz, being the go-getter, take-charge kinda gal she is jumped in the shark tank to rough them up herself. This photo was taken right before she sucker punched this guy right in the kisser knocking out 458 of his pearly whites. Yes, the kids were impressed. Seriously, what mom wouldn't wrestle a shark for her kids entertainment?


So maybe next year we won't have many commitments and will be able to go to BlogHer '12. But until then we've still got dozens of BlogHer '11 wrap up posts to "read" as well as several million tweets about how everyone was so glad to meet everyone else...how they didn't spend enough time together. No, I'm not bitter. See ya next year.

41 comments:

  1. Rach - I DIE! Your photos - gas mask included - are ridic!

    LOVE it, girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Rach I am ROLLING. HAHAHAHA.

    You guys are silly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny! I stayed home too and did fun things like eat pizza and mop floors. Try not to be too jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I love the wine stand. I so wish I lived next door to you. Thanks for asking us to do this - really fun idea. No, I wasn't bitter at all either that I didn't go to BlogHer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think of all the money we saved and hangovers we avoided…

    This post rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! See, we all had rather exciting weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious! Can I get directions to your wine and smoothie stand?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great! I love the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok so I was at BlogHer and it was amazing but these photos almost make me wish I had stayed home.... almost.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY GARAGE. This is freakin' hysterical. Especially the grass cutting. In tiara. I wish your 'stand' was in my 'hood. I'd be buying!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! Y'all are hilarious!

    BTW, I? Was hosting a birthday party and finding cockroaches in my food. BlogHer would be jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elena, Rach - awesome. Who needs BlogHer? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic! BlogHer '12 couldn't possibly be better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. To put it simply...this ROCKS!!

    I love the wine stand and wish I lived closer to you. I would have been your best customer!

    And who doesn't cut the grass wearing a tiara? That's totally the norm at my house!

    I wasn't there either, I was entertaining an out of town friend who has never eaten fish and chips before. Oh the glamour of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! So much fun! I would say I was at home feeling sorry for myself but I'd be lying my butt off. I'm in Vegas (read: a 6 hr drive drom San Diego) so if I had enough funds for a ticket, gas, and hotel room I would have been there. Alas, I did not and instead I bottled vodka with hubby and enjoy a fairly quiet weekend.

    Glad all you ladies had a wonderful time. Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wine and smoothies stand? Love it! If you lived on my street you would have made enough for your trip in one day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I went camping with a toddler...that counts for some hero award right...or at least a free ticket to next years BlogHer...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this! Wine and smoothies. Classic! I was really starting to feel sorry for myself as I read all of the post-blogher '11 tweets...then I found you! LMAO!!!! And, BTW Liz's Social Blog Hop was so much fun! Thxs Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The wine stand is brilliant, absolutely brilliant! Loved this whole post...we homeher11 girls would get along fabulously! This is what @sixyearitch and I did over the weekend http://www.theaums.com/2011/08/05/fashion-friday-homeher11-edition/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rach and the gas mask with that expression holding up the panties - gonna last me a week.

    Elena with the tiara and scissors daintily cutting the grass - gonna last me a (or two) week too!

    Hilarious post! I believe these are better than Blogher!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE IT!!
    I was stuck at home too watching the tweets go by and looking at all the Instagram pics being all sad and what not.
    I didn't do anything as exciting as cut the grass in a tiara or clean the bathroom though.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness!! Love this! Love all the pics...the gas mask is priceless! Way better than BlogHer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You gals are hilarious! #HomeHer was pretty fun! But I didn't gave any panties in my toilet. Although the toilet at my inlays mysteriously blocked up on me... Should I suspect foul play??

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is SOOOO funny! What a cute idea to help all of who missed BlogHer laugh about it today! Thanks, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love it!!
    Elena cracks me up!
    and makes me feel less crazy for cutting the lawn in my tiara.
    What?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hilarious! I'm thinking you all were much more productive at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. And I bet all of you didn't end the weekend with a massive hangover. Not that I did at all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Is it bitchy if I say I liked reading about the people who weren't at BlogHer'11 rather than those who were?

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is hilarious! Wish I could have gotten a pic in time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're doing another one of these posts for those of us who missed BlogHer. Want to join us???

      Delete
  30. Ah, I love me some Suitcase snark. Well done, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ha ha, great post girls! I love what each of you were doing while everyone else was at Blogher11. Looks like time was spent well.

    You're all too funny! Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. your weekends look so much better than what they did at blog her I'm sure of it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. OHMYGOD! My daughter was reading this over my shoulder and said "She wrestled a shark?!?!?!?!?!?" Hahahahahahaha!!!!

    Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  34. You are hilarious!! And I wish ALL of you girls had been there because it would have made it even more fun! Next year for sure!!

    ReplyDelete