Wednesday, July 27, 2011

WTF Wednesday - The "Project Runway" Edition

Somehow I ended up with a daughter. Not only a daughter, but a little diva that oozes girliness from every pore of her being. Unlike her mom. My mother had to wrestle me into dresses when I was a kid.

From the day she could walk, she has gotten her hands on every kind of accessory imaginable. And when she could finally dress herself, all bets were off.

On Saturday, we sent her upstairs to get dressed to go to BJ's. This is what she came down wearing. WTF?

Her father just rolled his eyes. I, on the other hand, had every intention of letting her wear this out shopping. Why not? Because to be honest, it was my husband's outfit of stained work clothes and yard boots with tube socks that was more appalling.

I love that she's an individual. What's it hurting by letting her dress like this every once in a while?

A few months ago she got all dolled up and went in to school wearing NO LESS than 10 different pieces of jewelry. She looked fantabulous.

As we walked in, some nasty little brat (her name is Savannah, do you know her?) said "Um, you're wearing too much jewelry!" I glared at her and her mother, grabbed my daughter's hand and said very loudly, "Natalie, there's NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH JEWELRY!"

So back to Saturday's outfit. It was editied by her father a bit before we left. She took off the skirt. But honestly, what else would I expect from the little fashionista who has created these lovely ensembles since the age of 2.


WORK IT GIRL!!!! "I have one thing to say. Sashay Shante!"

WTF?!?!?!

29 comments:

  1. Work it is right! What does that snotty little girl know anyway? Grrrr. Brat. Your daughter is precious and beautiful and she has the guts to pull off a fabulous look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when I see kids at the grocery store or whatnot wearing selections most obviously made by them. Work it Gorgeous! p.s. my bf wears similar outfits out...I especially love it when his shirts have holes in them. Yum...Naht.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing kids wear clothes of their own choice - why not? Be free!!! (Savannah is a bitch)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is adorable! I think kids should be allowed to pick out their own clothes and express individuality!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's so adorable! And, I love that you're allowing her to be an individual and dress to her heart's content. That's so beautiful! We need more mamas like you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post and I love Natalie! Savannah is just mad because her parents named her Savannah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you encourage her fashion. I let T go to school in superhero costumes, rain boots, gloves, capes, sunglasses, whatever he feels like dressing himself in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope Roxy does this, too! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is such a cutie! I love that she dresses herself and what a personality she has. No, never such a thing as too much jewelry! Take that, Savannah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shante makes me giggle. You could also go with "I'm too sexy for my shirt"

    #sogladihaveboys

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's so cute! Screw Savannah! She doesn't know anything anyway. There really is no such thing as too much jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY GOODNESS!! She is so adorable!! I think she picks out fabulously unique outfits! Savannah has no sense of style!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cringe when my kids put something on that totally doesn't match, but you know what, ya gotta let 'em do it. Your daughter is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wouldn't have changed her either! She looked perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She looks very much like my daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I swear I commented awhile back that she had a future in fashion design! I am so right! She's very imaginative, and you can tell she just feels fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is adorable!!! She made me smile! I love that and am thinking of those Fancy Nancy books right now. So sorry that girl (Savannah, was it?) was so rude! Meanie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is great! My 3 year old daughter likes to dress herself up, too, in some pretty funny outfits. There is never such a thing as too much ANYTHING, especially at their age.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw, look at your cute little fashionista! I love that she has her own sense of awesome style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. you have SUCH a cute family. also, your daughter reminds me so much of the four year old i nanny. adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think she has incredible fashion sense. In fact, send her my way, would ya? I have a terrible time trying to accessorize. I could use some advice

    ReplyDelete
  22. ----I looooove your WTF Wed.
    This was hilareous & your daughter can wear all the damn jewels she desires!!!!! What a little doll.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the individuality - let her work it! I think it expresses creativity in kids. I always get a little smirk when I see kids that looked like they dresses themselves at the store.

    P.S. I agree with Alison - Savannah can shove it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. My daughter is only 15 months and she puts the rings from her stacker on her wrist. She loves putting on bracelets.
    Your daughter is adorable! Go Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  25. She is so cute. No such thing, indeed! I *may* have a few pictures like that of my daughter. :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yay for you! I have so many people who tell me they can't believe I let S go out in public with her crazy outfits. Not in a mean way, in a, wow-you're-more-laid-back-about-it-than-me-wish-i-could-be-too way. (If that even makes sense?) I always laugh and say getting her to wear anything at all is a challenge (she's a nudist at heart), but really I think, who cares? Why not let her wear what she wants right now? Let her express herself. Let her be brave and carefree. She has all those teen years to deal with peer pressure about having the right jean brand. SOOO glad you yelled at Savannah. Well done!

    ReplyDelete