Wednesday, July 13, 2011

WTF Wednesday - The "Ancient Sorority Girl" Edition

WTF?!?!?

This post might involve minor math skills, but bear with me. And there will be a lot of ALLCAPS because I'm completely blown away by my revaluation.

Yesterday I wrote a sorority recommendation for a girl who will be going through sorority rush at Auburn in the fall.

As I read her resume, I noticed her birthday August 30, 1993...1993??? This girl who is going to college NOW was born less than a month before I went to college.

And then it hit me. In the time since I pledged my sorority there was time to grow an entirely new sorority girl. One that will be a legal adult in 6 weeks. Holy crap, I feel OLD. Or I can put it like this. I went to college almost HALF A LIFETIME AGO!

So this week the W in "WTF" stands for WHERE. Where the F did 18 years go?


Yes, go ahead and find me. Feel free to laugh.

Side note: The nearly-adult I mentioned above is super-cute (which admittedly has always been, and will always be my #1 reason to pledge someone). She's involved. Her grades jussstttt made the grade cutoff. Luckily, someone took a chance on me and my 2.5 GPA and went to bat for me. Just sayin'... Sometimes great people are C students. They can graduate college and really, REALLY never have to use math again for the rest of their life.

WTF?!?!?!?

15 comments:

  1. Dude. We are the same age. And our sorority houses? Are so similar I did a double take to see which house and which school you were in. (Theta, CSU) Yes, I totally feel old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way I'm going to laugh at that...I was also a sorority girl, but later than you. I joined in 2000. It is very disturbing to see kids who were born when you were a teen or young adult. My husband is a teacher and some of those kids were born when I graduated...I'm thinking, you people could be my child if I would have started early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you! Front row, sixth from the left! It's hard to miss that smile!

    And you're not that old. 30's is NOT OLD!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "In the time since I pledged my sorority there was time to grow an entirely new sorority girl."

    No need to say anything more than that.

    -Shana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. Wow, you are old. And right up front, nice spot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I babysat a girl who is now in college and can babysit for me. Did I mention I started babysitting her when she was Donut's age?? 6 months. Dang.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you in your scrunchie socks on the front row! DZ <3 & MINE, C-

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post and I totally agree to take a chance on the "C" student (2.98 was my GPA)! Do grades really mean anything anyway???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, we are not old. Let's not ever say that again. Ever. Okay? ;)

    Also? Where the F did the time go?!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have no idea what this sorority thing is all about as I never did it but I'm right there with you on where the F did the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know!! Time completely disappeared!!!

    And I found you :) Your smile is hard to miss. Front row, almost centre.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy Hell do I feel old.

    Nice sneakers, ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was a DZ too! At Western Michigan University. Turtle time! I have pillows with turtles sewn onto them because my mom was obsessed with being a sorority mom.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I AM OLD AND CRUSTY!

    Oh my gosh. So evil...

    ReplyDelete
  15. "The nearly-adult I mentioned above is super-cute (which admittedly has always been, and will always be my #1 reason to pledge someone)."

    Are we supposed to admit that? LOL!

    Enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete