Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pre-K Graduations are Overrated Anyway

Pre-K Graduation. The "walking in" part went OK. She got a glimpse of me and her brother. Cool.

This is actually my daughter's first Pre-K graduation (she'll be doing it again next year thanks to her being too young to go to Kindergarten).

Which is a good thing because as soon as she got a glimpse of me and her brother...



And here she is saying the Pledge of Allegiance. What a patriot.


Now they're getting ready to sing. Let's see how this goes. Notice the girl behind her. She's saying "What the heck is wrong with her?" 


And then pretty soon her teacher asked if I'd come get her to sit on my lap.

There was an empty little red seat in the first row for the rest of the ceremony.

At least we have next year.

I bet her dance recital on Saturday is going to be just dandy.

Let's BEE Friends

10 comments:

  1. Aw, little baby! I just want to go over there and hug her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she knew this event was overrated and she would be doing it again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the poor thing! Good thing she'll have a redo next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I think that was me thirty something years ago.

    Hey, at least she gets a redo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not sure if I should laugh or feel bad... This is gold and only you could capture the moment in this touching way... Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd take her in a class any day of the week because I'm pretty sure she's not going to shout out "Vibrator!" in the middle of a lecture. ;) (I love that anyone else who reads this comment is going to think I'm a lunatic)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, I just want to hug her!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughter has moments like that. At her holiday concert, even though she knew all the words and would belt them out at home, refused to go up and sing with her class. I was sad because I had taken time off work to see her first winter holiday celebration. But not dice, under no circumstances was she going to go up on that stage and sing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! Poor thing! At least she gets to do it again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how cute she is :) was she crying or just hiding?

    I'm with her though - totally over-rated ;)

    ReplyDelete